Indians are fascinated with Italian cuisine, and we frequently rely on pasta and pizza to satiate our hunger for a full dinner. The Italians have many vegetarian meal alternatives, the majority of which are delicious comfort food. So, if you are still looking for some Italian cuisine, then check out our collection of Vegetarian Italian Food Recipe below.
This HomemadeAchari Pizza is a tasty Indian-style pizza cooked with pickled spices, paneer, vegetables, and cheese. For a quick brunch or appetizer, make this with bread.
- Cup paneer – diced (Indian cottage cheese)
- Large tomatoes – diced
- Large bell pepper (capsicum) diced
- Plain yogurt – thick yogurt
- Pasta sauce
- Olive oil
- Mozzarella cheese
- Chili flakes
- Italian seasoning
- Soft baguette
- Cilantro – chopped – for decoration
- Fennel Seeds
- Onion Seeds
- Fenugreek Seeds
- Mustard Seeds
- Dry Red Chili
- Cut the baguette into two halves.
- Take 1 sliced baguette and evenly spread the pasta sauce on it.
- Spread 3 tbsp of the Achari paneer-veggie mixture equally on the bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese and chopped tomatoes (add as per choice).
- Season with Italian seasoning and chili flakes to taste.
- Make the second cut baguette/bread in the same manner.
- Place the cut baguette on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a serving plate.
- Cut the Achari paneer pizza into bits and top with cilantro.
- Serve it and enjoy your Indian style pizza.
Vegan Tofu Bolognese
This Vegan Bolognese is rich, robust, flavorful, and evocative of the Italian classic we all love. The filling includes mushrooms, ground walnuts, grated carrots, and onions, creating a robust and delightful solid mince!
- Wheat pasta
- Olive oil
- Firm tofu
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Clove garlic
- Can tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Basil, fresh
- Maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package advice. Season with olive oil, salt, and oregano to taste when finished.
- To make the sauce, finely dice the onion and garlic.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper to taste. Allow it to simmer.
- Tofu can be diced into small bits or crumbled for a mince-like texture.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil to medium heat and add the tofu. Add some salt and cook for 15 minutes until it’s crunchy.
- Stir occasionally, be patient, and taste test! Reduce cooking Time by about 3 minutes if you crumble it.
- When everything is ready, place some pasta on your plate, top with the sauce, and top with the tofu. Serve it and enjoy it with your friends.
Easy Tomato Spinach Pasta
This creamy, satisfying vegetarian tomato and spinach pasta are high in vitamins and protein. Not only that, but it only takes 25 minutes to make and will satisfy even the pickiest eaters in your family!
- Penne Pasta
- Tbsp olive oil
- Small onion
- Cloves garlic
- Tomato paste
- Greek yogurt
- Big handful spinach
- Hard cheese, grated
- Oregano, Dried
- Basil, Dried
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Pepper, Ground
- Dice the onion, grate or cut the garlic, and chop the tomatoes (if not using a can).
- When the water is boiling, put the pasta (add salt and a small amount of oil for taste).
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil, add the onion and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes, or until transparent.
- Mix in the tomatoes. If you use fresh tomatoes, the sauce will become runny. Letting it sit for a day will you achieve the desired creamy texture.
- Mix in the spinach.
- Combine the oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the tomato paste and Greek yogurt. Stir until each is completely dissolved in the sauce.
- Now stir in the hard cheese.
- Drain and toss with the pasta. Reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- For 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy it with your friends and family.
Crispy Tortilla Pizza
This is Tortilla Pizza Crispy, a healthy approach to enjoying the same delicious taste as traditional pizza. You won’t look back after just 25 minutes.
- Tortillas (whole wheat ideally)
- Tomato puree
- 1 ball of low-fat mozzarella cheese (feta or most other cheeses work fine)
- Handful olives
- White or red onion
- Chili / jalapeño
- Small tomatoes
- Bell pepper, red
- Cup basil, fresh (dried is passable but use much less)
- Cover each tortilla with tomato puree.
- The basil should be lobbed.
- Add the cheese in thin layers to the tortillas.
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces and distribute them equally on the tortillas.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180°C (360°F) – don’t allow the tortillas to burn!
The Wrapping up
We hope this guide will be informative for you, and these Veg Italian Recipesabove are perfect for those looking to cut back on meat consumption. From simple appetizers like bruschetta to hearty main courses like Achari pizza, there’s something here for everyone. We’ve got you covered whether you’re craving pasta, pizza, or even a salad. Visit the Spicyum page to explore more Italian recipes with Indian influences that can easily be prepared at home and enjoyed with friends and family.